Posts for tag: invisalign
Invisalign is the most advanced clear aligner system in the world and takes a modern approach to straightening your teeth through a series of custom-made aligners created just for you. Invisalign is comfortable to wear and properly aligns your teeth to help improve your overall dental health. Invisalign can help you achieve that confident smile in a short period of time.
Benfits of Invisalign:
- It's removable for good hygiene - You can brush and floss normally, which can help prevent tooth decay and gum disease.
- Healthier Gums - Properly positioned teeth are easier to brush and floss than teeth that are crowded, crooked or spaced too far apart. Research has shown that periodontal tissue health may improve after Invisalign treatment reducing the risk of periodontitis and gingivitis.
- Cleanings are quicker and eaiser than with traditional orthodontics - There are no brackets or wires to clean around as wiht traditional orthodontics.
- You can still eat when you want - Because the aligners are removable and should be removed when you eat, you don't have to worry about what you eat.
- Consultation - During the consultation, you and your doctor will discuss your case in detail to determine if you're a good candidate for Invisalign. Invisalign now addresses many cases, from simple to more complex. Your doctor will determine if Invisalign is right for you. This will also be your opportunity to ask any questions about Invisalign, costs, dental/orthodontic insurance, or any other concerns.
- Customized Treatment Plan - Your doctor will take x-rays, pictures and impressions of your teeth, which Invisalign will use to create a digital 3-D image of them. From these images your doctor will map out a precise treatment plan, including the exact movements of your teeth, and tell you the approximate length of treatment. Using the same technology your doctor will be able to show you a virtual representation of how your teeth will move with each stage of treatment. While every case is unique to each patient, treatment typically takes approximately a year for adults. For teens the length of treatments is comparable to that of braces.
- Receive Your Custom Aligners - Based on your individual treatment plan, a series of custom-made, clear aligners is then created specifically for you. These aligners are made of a smooth, comfortable, BPA-free plastic that won't irritate your cheeks and gums like traditional metal braces often do. Simply wear them throughout the day, and remove them when you eat or to brush and floss your teeth. As you wear each set of aligners, your teeth gently and gradually begin to shift into place. And because they're virtually invisible, most people won't even notice you're wearing them.
- Wearing Aligners - Approximately every two weeks, you will begin wearing a new set of aligners, advancing you to the next stage of your treatment. To monitor your progress, you will also have occasional checkups with your doctor, usually only every six weeks or so. For best results and a timely outcome, you should wear your aligners for 20 to 22 hours per day, throughout your entire treatment. At every stage, you will be able to see how much closer you are to having the smile that reflects the real you.
- Keeping Your New Smile Looking Great -
Congratulations! This is the time when you celebrate. You have reached the end of treatment and you will be smiling more than ever. Once your treatment is complete, protect the beautiful new smile you have invested in. Ask your doctor if you will need retainers to keep your teeth in their new position. Vivera® retainers are custom made using the same state-of-the-art technology as Invisalign. Vivera retainers lock in your beautiful smile.
So if you have been considering braces you should set up a consultation to see if you are a candidate. This is a great treatment for any member of the family and often outside financing is avaliable to give you an affordable payment plan option. Call Dental Blu to get started today!
Invisalign uses a series of clear aligners that are custom-molded to fit you. The virtually invisible aligners gradually reposition your teeth into a smile you'll be proud of.
- Remove your aligners to eat, brush and floss
- Change aligners every two weeks
- Your teeth move little by little
- Regular progress checks with your dentist
- Results often in 6 months to 1 year
Why people prefer Invisalign
The convenience and ease of use of the Invisalign system have made it the choice of over half a million people. In fact, Invisalign has been effective in giving hundreds of thousands of people amazing new smiles.
- Most people won't notice you're in treatment
- Won't disrupt your lifestyle
- Free initial consultation
No metal wires or bands to irritate your mouth, and best of all, most people won't notice you're in treatment. Invisalign, the clear alternative to braces, has been chosen by over 500,000 people who want amazing results.
Request an appointment or call our office to schedule a personal consultation during your next visit.